Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! I am Thankful for...



As a Canadian living in the States, I had to get used to the new Thanksgiving date (Canadians celebrate in October). Natural I found myself rushing through November and the American Thanksgiving (which I'm sure many others have too) because of the upcoming Christmas season which tends to promise excitement and lots of festivities.

This year, a good friend of mine challenged me to remember just what Thanksgiving meant to me and what I wanted to pass along to my children.

There are so many things to be Thankful for and getting together as a family to celebrate those things is a wonderful way to start the season. The same friend who challenged me, also gave me the idea (which she has been doing for years) to make a Tree of Thankfulness. As the season goes on, friends and family can put leaves up on the tree, writing down what they are thankful for! I love this idea, because it made me stop and appreciate ALL that I have! 

The Lord has blessed me with an amazing husband and two beautiful baby boys, two caring extended families, friends, our families health, a wonderful place to live in a wonderful town and a church that is totally full of love and grace. 
What more can I ask for? 

This year stop and ask yourself "what am I thankful for?" :) 
Leave a comment with some of the things you are thankful for this time of the year. 



Get creative by using acrylic paints, paper or I used a canvas that I had laying around. Paint a tree on the canvas and there you have it, a Tree of Thanksgiving! I found these perfect leaf post it pads and used those for the leaves. 

Have fun being thankful! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment