Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Birds of Encouragement!



I had the pleasure of painting some birds for someone special to give to a friend. I was very glad when all went well and she ended up taking more then just one. :)
On the other hand, it is still so scary to me, having people want what I used to keep to myself. Feeling inadequate is a tough hurdle to get over but something important to overcome because there will always be someone better then you, smarter, taller, thinner, etc. 
My fear of inadequacy stopped me from painting for a longtime... "I know way too many talented artists to even want to try" was my thought. But with that came a feeling of unhappiness. By not trying I didn't use the talents and gifts the Lord had uniquely given me, I felt like I was telling the Lord that His gifts were not good enough.  I guess most of us have that fear of inadequacy in us... but I'm learning that the Lord has a pursue for each of us, our talents and gifts and He has given us just the right amount to make Me and You exactly the way He has created us to be. I guess you could look at our Lord as the greatest artist of all AND with that meansYou and Myself are perfect masterpieces! 

What a refreshing thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment