Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love is in the Air!


Valentine's Day... a day singled out to show your significant other how much you truly care about them (hopefully not done solely on this date). This holiday seems to be one torn in half... Either you love it or hate it. I tend to love it because I like a fun reason to do something cute for my husband and kids and even decorate my house a little. 

But at this time, where thinking of love is at the forefront of our minds... I have been noticing a bad trend in myself and our culture we live in... Love in our culture today is based on a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours", kind of attitude. We tend to give love as much or as little as we receive it. We (myself included) tend to focus on what the loves in our lives are doing for US and how love can be improved for ME... we tend to be self centered with our love... but what if there was a different way...
Let's LOVE without terms and conditions this Valentine's Day! Start by putting your loved one first and for most and see how great it feels to just love without thinking of what you might get in return. ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment