Friday, December 11, 2015

Family name Sign



My husband and I were going to his cousins wedding and I got a little creative for their gift. Using a pencil, stencils (made out of printed letters), outdoor paint and a natural wood stain we had a great gift! 

My favourite part was that the wood was from my husband (and his cousins) great aunts property on Lopez Island, WA. It is a piece of history because that is where the family immigrated to from Scottland and it is the last piece of land still in the family past down from three generations.
My husband and I treasure that land for the memories it has given us... we started going there on day trips when we were dating and have gone back every year for camping trips after getting married. Even our oldest boy as had the camping experience there! What get memories! Hopefully are youngest can enjoy it next year with us. :) 

The GREATEST part was they loved it! 

2 comments: